Ｃｏｍｅ ｂａｃｋ ｔｏ ｌｉｆｅ．
New song, new alias, new style. This is the kind of music I want to make and I’m excited to share it with everyone.
Download the mp3 from soundcloud or get the high quality FLAC version here.
thanks~~ that’s the plan, yeah
if i ever break out of this writers block and finish the damn EP, I want to shop it around to some labels.. if none of them want it, then it’s free ;p
and sure- go crazy with the stems!! [link]
VERY old, abandoned WIP. rough mixdown.
found this on my archive projects hard drive. sharing for the lulz-
Started TF2 with Live open in the background… loading screen glitched the fuck out and did this amazing shit :o
IT’S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA
Well, I suppose my very first step into producing was in 2002 (middle school… yeah, i’m really old). Me and my friends liked to make stupid videos all the time, so searching for video editing software I stumbled across Sony Acid and realized making music was way more fun :P Though I only started to seriously focus on my music a couple of years ago.
As far as inspiration:
- Old dance music (from the 90s into the first half of the 00s; before “EDM” was even a thing). There is a sort of “feeling” in those old tunes that’s missing from dance music of today - that’s what inspires me. Too many specific artists to list; but to give you an idea, this is one of my all time favorite tunes ever <3
- Feed Me, KOAN Sound, Dog Blood, and Noisia - pretty much the only “big” artists that I really look up to anymore. IMO they’re among the few artists still actually pushing forward and innovating.
- Yuki Kajiura’s soundtrack work <3
- Max Martin’s 90s pop productions (Ace of Base/*NSYNC especially; im srs)
- The Neptunes
- Game soundtracks (yep, I am really old holy shit):
- Sonic 1, 2, and 3 (SEGA Genesis)
- Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3 (SNES)
- Goldeneye 64
- Gran Turismo 2
- Wipeout (wipE’out”)
- SimCity 3000/SimCity 4 (really)
- Grand Theft Auto Series (SO MUCH <3)
My favorite plugins:
- Tone2 BiFilter (essential)
- ArtsAcoustic Reverb (my go-to reverb)
- ValhallaRoom/Shimmer/UberMod (awesome for huge “effect” type reverbs)
- Schaack Audio Transient Shaper (on everything)
- D16 Devastor/Decimort (nice distortions)
- Fabfilter Pro-Q and Pro-L (my go-to EQ and Limiter)
- NI Absynth (totally underrated; especially for bass)
- NI Razor (resample a few times and tell me it’s not the sickest)
- Ableton Operator (I actually prefer it to FM8)
- u-he Zebra2 (pads, leads, etc)
- Lots of Reaktor ensembles
- Robert Henke’s Granulator (foley bass layering is where it’s at)
I also love really old sample CDs from the 90s - Zero-G Datafile 1,2,3 especially; those get more use than anything I’ve ever bought from Loopmasters tbh
that’s it pretty much :P
I think so! I’m kinda trying to stay away from the KOAN Sound/Opiuo style though (as much as I love that style!) I want to do something a little different. Maybe some acid techno influenced 100 BPM stuff